Angie: The Sports Authority

Welcome to Angie's sports blog! My interesting and funny articles will show you the most recent and interesting news in the sports world.

Friday, February 06, 2009

Michael Phelps doubtful about London Olympic clashs


Embattled Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps now says he's contemplating whether or not he will compete at the 2012 London clashs.

"This is a decision of mine that I'm not going to make today and I'm not going to make tomorrow," Phelps told The Baltimore Sun.

The popular Phelps, who was photographed smoking marijuana out of a bong, expressed he "clearly made a mistake" and that the past week has been both embarrassing and uncomfortable for him.

"It's going to require a lot of time and energy and a lot of thinking for myself - but also talking to [coach] Bob [Bowman] and talking to my family and just deciding what I want to do."

Asked if he still aims to achieve something after winning 14 gold medals - eight alone at last summer's Beijing clashs - Phelps expressed, "Yeah, there are still goals that I have in the pool ... I'm not going to let anything stand in my way."

The now controversial Phelps also expressed that it decides "to walk away, I'll decide to walk away on my own terms. If it's now, if it's four years, who knows."

Labels: , , , , ,

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home